Monday, March 14, 2011

Split Rock...rocks!

Split Rock Elementary
  I was so impressed with these elementary students!  We talked about the teamwork theme of the book, and they quickly shared their own stories of dealing with puck hogs and ball hogs. When I asked for specifics on the impact selfish actions ( like Eddie's) can have on others, they nailed it! They're encouraging a sequel and came up with some great story lines.  The kids would like to see Eddie's father learn a lesson in the Puck Hog 2.  Others felt as if Eddie wasn't completely cured of his puck hogging ways, and ought to be challenged by another puck hog on the team. 
         I guess I better get writing again, as I encouraged all of them to do each day and discover writing as a wonderful way of expressing yourself.

To schedule a Puck Hog Presentation at your school or rink, contact us

No comments:

Post a Comment