Sunday, April 8, 2012

Girls with Goals

Mascots on the ice, cheers and chants before the game begins. Just two obvious differences at this weekends girls hockey tournament in Brampton, Canada where this city hosted 400 teams from all over the globe! There were many others surprises for me, a newbie to this wonderful world of girls hockey. The games were not a whole lot slower as others had warned me. They were low scoring, but perhaps that's because there were fewer odd





man rushes and more of an emphasis on positional play. I took in a lot of girls hockey over the past four days and it was impressive. Good sportsmanship was the rule, rather than the exception . I will leave you with my favorite pre- game ritual from the Tilsonburgh Lightning team from Canada. Very cool!









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment