Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Puck Hog's Essay Winners!

    Congratulations to my two essay winners!  I just awarded 10-year old Central New York hockey players Noah Delaney and Spencer Coon with Discover Gift cards for their terrific essays on why they deserve a day with the Stanley Cup. They've won The Puck Hog essay contest, now let's see if either of them make the national cut!  Finalists are being determined and fans will get a chance to vote on the entries posted at www.Discover.com/Stanley Cup from April 17th through April 22nd.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Noah and Spencer.  Stay tuned for updates!  I'm sure you will agree, both boys deserve the ultimate hockey experience!

Noah's essay;
                 

    I deserve to win a day with the Stanley Cup because my hockey team, the Fulton Red Raiders Squirts,  helped me get through the rest of my hockey season because my day had to leave. He had to leave on January 28th to go over seas to fight for our country. He is a soldier.   Hockey was something that me and my dad did together.  My dad will not be back until almost the end of next years hockey season and I cant wait. So to win would a day with the cup would mean a lot to me, my dad and the soldiers.

Noah Delaney


Spencer's Essay
     I deserve to win a day with the Stanley Cup because my hockey team, the Midstate Gladiators Squirts, started the season with only 8 players and no goalie. After overcoming much adversity, we went on the finish the season undefeated and win the Snowbelt League season with a record of 14-0-2. Go Gladiators!!!

-Spencer Coon (10 yrs old) - Goalie


   The contestant with the most votes by 11:59p.m. ET on April 21, 2012 will be deemed the official Day with the Cup Winner and will be awarded the ultimate hockey package, which includes celebrating with family and friends, having the experience documented and featured during game one of the Stanley Cup Final ( round trip airline fare, hotel and tickets all picked up)


www.Discover.com/StanleyCup

 

No comments:

Post a Comment